08 June 2013

Catching Up....

I have a little catching up to do on this blog. The last entry that I started to write was actually about my baby shower. I never finished that post, but I'm sure you will see it here eventually. It was a really great baby shower by the way, my friend Megan (her blog Growing Up Blessings can be found here) did a spectacular job putting it together and we all had a great time!

The week after the baby shower, crazy kind of went wild in our house. Five and half days after the baby shower, Ember had arrived! After his welcome home I began an intense battle with postpartum preeclampsia. I've never had 'regular' preeclampsia, so I'm not sure what that feels like, but having it postpartum is a complete nightmare. I was placed back in the hospital a few days after coming home from the hospital with Ember. After coming home the second time, I was a complete wreck, and am still very far off my game.

One great thing about my extended recovery, I was able to spend nearly a month doing mostly nothing but holding my sweet baby boy while laying on the couch. Thankfully also, we have a huge comfy sectional that easily accommodates our big family. If I'm in just the right spot, I can easily cuddle 3 of the kids at once.

Tonight was the first time I've been home without John or Nia (my constant babysitters) for more than half an hour in about 6 weeks. John and the girls have an overnight thing at our church, so it was just the boys and mommy. It has been a fabulous night! I'm starting to feel more like myself each day and can do a little more each day. John did order gluten free pizza from Uno's for Cam and I so I wouldn't have to worry with dinner. Which gave us time to do this little craft



and when Cam went to bed, I had a little time to finally finish these up



No comments:

Post a Comment