26 March 2013

Early Baby Scare

Yesterday we had an early baby scare. I was sitting at one end of our couch and Caneron had repeatedly been running across the couch to kiss my ever enlarging baby belly. Cute huh? Well, he suddenly switched from super cute mode to mischievous mode and instead of an adorable belly kiss he took a flying leap and landed knees first right on top of my tummy. This sent me into about a 12 hour stint of Braxton Hicks contractions. The first ones were very close and very intense. Thankfully, yesterday was a day John got to work from home and he I was able to get to my doctor's office very quickly. As we drove there, the contractions got less intense and less frequent. After a through check of baby and myself, we were able to return home. For the rest of the day the contractions would get stronger and weaker. At one point we considered heading to the hospital, but finally around 1:30 or 2 a.m. they had eased up enough for me to fall asleep.

This morning I woke up a little extra tired, but contraction free!



This is a fairly recent picture of me. Not the best, but since I'm the one that generally takes the pictures around here, a shot of myself in the mirror is about as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment