29 March 2014

Ahhh, Alone Time

So it's almost midnight and I only get a few minutes of it, but I LOVE my alone time. John is out picking up Nia from a girls night with the church youth group and the other children are asleep. Alone time is a precious commodity around this house and I actually think I'm the only person in our family that seems to need or want alone time. When I steal away a few moments to myself, I'm generally quizzed with questions like 'what's wrong?' and 'is everything ok?'

I grew up as an only child so until I had my own first child I got as much alone time as person would need. It wasn't until about 5 or 6 years ago that I even began to use the phrase 'alone time' or realize that I needed it. It was at this time that time when I began to have less of it. I had just become a full time stay-at-home mom, and shortly after started homeschooling our oldest daughter. Threw the last few years I've tried different ways to squeeze it into the daily routine, but it just doesn't generally workout the way I envision it in my head. I have been known to hide in the car with a book on occasion, but someone always comes to the garage looking for me asking if I'm ok.

Before family life, I was that person that would eat in restaurants or go to movies all by myself. I absolutely love to shop, but not with other people... I don't see the point in shopping with other people. I know shopping in small groups is a time honored girl tradition, but I just don't get it.

So, what you do to get in a pinch of alone time?

No comments:

Post a Comment