08 May 2011

gestational diabetes



First with the good news, I am off bed rest!!
However, it turns out that test that I really wasn't worried about, maybe I should have been a little more worried about it. I have gestational diabetes. I really didn't realize how much sugar I was consuming in one day. 2 glasses of juice a day, lots of fruit, a frappe 2 or 3 times a week, fruit smoothies 2 or 3 times a week, and ice cream and yogurt on a regular basis.
I meet with a nutritionalist in the morning, and I'm sure we can get a handle on this. In the mean time, I have cut all the sugar. Well, I still have fruit, but much less of it. My body is NOT liking the adjustment. I feel fuzzy headed and I've been falling asleep about an hour after every meal. I am supposed to check my sugar levels 4 times a day. I started doing this yesterday and so far the levels have been high each time.
Something I'm nervous about is the cost of a gluten free diet combined with the cost of a sugar free diet.

Something sweet that's good for me:
Ann did the sweetest thing the other day, I was having a contraction and she told me she wanted to pray for me. It was so much deeper than I expected from her. I was amazed and blessed by her prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment