29 November 2013

Essential Oils: Eucalyptus


Eucalyptus essential oil is one oil that my family uses a good bit of... mostly because I use it sometimes in making a cleaning/hand sanitizing spray (click here for the recipe). I originally purchased this oil because someone told me it was really good at clearing up a cough. My heart does somersaults when I take cold medicine, so I was seeking an alternative before the next a cold hit me. A few drops of this oil on the bottom of the feet is like magic (usually, but not for every cold) when it comes to getting rid of a cough. Currently our family is getting over a cold. Because of the side effects of cough medicines, I really like using the eucalyptus oil for cough (if a medicine makes my heart do somersaults, I really don't want to give it to my kids). Also, if I hear one of my little angels coughing at 2 a.m. I can put it on their feet without even waking them up.

Check out my post on Essential Oils: Lavender (Here)

No comments:

Post a Comment